Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Individual Posts VS Quick Archives: Which Do You Want?

Dear Readers,

It's been brought to my attention that some of you do not like the Quick Archives format of uploading my older capped pics and would prefer to have each one as an individual post with accurate labels instead.

Please comment which you would prefer. Which ever one gets the most comments wins and I'll give this a week. 

Things to consider:

01.) I already have the rest of my older capped pics ready to post as 21 Quick Archives as drafts.

02.) My output from 2001 through 2009 was 1,733 individual capped pics. 

It wouldn't be that many posts because some are series or two parters. 

That does require me to read them all over the in order to get the labels correct.

Right now the Quick Archives have all 1,733 capped pics spread across 59 posts. 

I know these posts can be large, but at least they're available to be read. 

So, tell me what you want what you really, really want.

Also let me know if I really, really, really wasted my time making the Quick Archives.

I'm going to stop post the drafts until Thursday October 24 in order to give readers the time to voice their opinions.

Sincerely,
Gensabi

6 comments:

  1. I went ahead and posted the Pop Culture ones because I said I would.

    Still monitoring this for feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what? I already have these Quick Archives ready. I don't think I'm going to stop them. I still want to hear what readers have to say though.

    I was going to work on 2010 and up next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's not a terrible system, but for clarification, are these captions you've posted here in the past, or one's from your archive that are new to this blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are, and some aren't.

      This blog was started in 2014. I did start uploading archives as individual posts off and on but I lost track of what was put up and what wasn't.

      Also, Google thought I was a bot by posting 40 or more posts in one night. That's before I realized I could save posts as drafts.

      Now, for awhile I had the archives up as downloadable zip folders. I think those links expired and I never did that again.

      For a lot of these capped pics it is their first time being posted on this blog.

      These Quick Archives is the easiest way to get everything on here going all the way back to when I started out in 2001.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the clarification! I thought i recognized some, but wasn't sure about others. While i see the benefit of the more detailed tagging, i think for the purposes of an archive (and for your own sake), this seems like a good system.

      Delete
    3. Thanks. Yeah, when I first started uploading archives I kinda goofed and tried to upload a grab bag of ones I thought were the best or had things I've referenced in other capped pics.

      Then I started doing the archives by type, year by year, but I only got a few types up that way. Some I got up to a certain year, had to stop, then forgot which year it was.

      Also, every so often I think some posts are being deleted off here. I could've sworn I had more 2010 - 2013 on here.

      Delete