Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Monday, May 16, 2016

New Featured Post!

Dear Readers, 

The new featured post feature has worked splendidly! "Naughty Sheriff" finally got up to over 560 views and even a new comment!

So, this month I'm showcasing "From Rise To Shine". When I initially researched posts for this feature it only had 123 views. By itself in the past month it got up to 130 views. Now this post was fairly recent, but it doesn't seem like too many readers saw it.

Now, for my fellow TG bloggers here's the breakdown of why some posts may under perform in number of views.

I have noticed when I do big updates the top two or three posts get a ton of views but it's a trickle effect with less views as people scroll down.

I've also noticed if I only post one or two a week those posts get thousands of views! 

Also, you have to be choosy as to what pic the top post is because that's what shows on most links on other blogs and traffic sources.

The featured post allows you to bring more attention to posts readers may have missed. Ones they might not be aware of.

Especially once you grow your readership and you have tons of capped pics on your blog! 

This is post number 1903. I have 148 notice posts. That means 1755 are capped pics. 680 are new since the Blog was created and 1075 are older ones that I uploaded.

That's 680 capped pics from 2014 to now. Wow.

That's not counting part 2 -?? on the posts either. 

So why all that math? Because it illustrates just how hard it'd be for a new reader to really go through the entire blog in one sitting.

Oh, and that's why the downloadable archives are a great idea too.

Plus, if you're new I'd like to think my labels set up helps you a lot.

See, using the post history function of a blog is bulky and really sorta messy and useless.

By clicking on the year label you get all those posts from that year. So if you want to knock out going through one year a night or week you can. If you just want certain story aspects you can. If you just really like high heels, boots, or turtlenecks you can!

What I like about my layout is the ease of access. I try to make it user friendly.

So, just to recap, the featured post is a great way to highlight posts that may have underperformed in views initially and give them a better spotlight to shine in! 

Sincerely,
Gensabi

No comments:

Post a Comment