Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Monday, August 3, 2015

Still Under Attack

Dear Readers, 

I was about to cap some more when I paranoidingly checked my task manager again and there was multiple Google Chromes taking up memory. This time it was in a different folder but still the same files. It was hiding in a Temp folder and replicating through the low app folder. I deleted both copies I found and it seems to be done now.

But I won't be turning my laptop back on until I have Kaspersky Total Security to install onto it, and there's some sign that the internet is aware of this virus. 

Thus far no Google search has yielded any results for the folder DKISSGN or the ngtbcfoxfak.exe that's using the Google Chrome logo and shows up as Google Chrome in Task Manager. 

Nobody seems to be talking about this virus online. So right now no antivirus software could get rid of it. 

I have the paid version of Spybot Search And Destroy with antivirus and it's not being picked up. 

This causes memory to be used 100% and the only way to stop it from Task Manager is to turn off your WiFi connection first. Then you can stop its processes in Task Manager but before you do right click it to open up the file location so you know where to delete it from.

I'm not sure if keep deleting it is helping or not. It seemed to stop earlier, but just restarted.

I will have to wait two weeks to get Kaspersky. No more capped pics will be made until I can get this laptop in tip top shape.

Unfortunately, nothing really worked that I tried to cap with on my tablet. 

Sincerely,
Gensabi

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the heads-up on the new virus... it sucks to see this all happening to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a page I found with a possible match for your virus and a guide on how to delete it.
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-multiple-google-chrome-virus/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude Spyware Blaster, Super Anti-Spyware and Spybot A & D should solve most of your issues. That plus AVG Anti-Virus. Get it,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that this isn't an actual virus. It is normal for Chrome to run in the background, and to run a bunch of separate processes for different things that are going on. This issue sounds like you have a Chrome extension loaded which is a bit of a memory-hog, as some of them are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it is an actual Trojan horse. Think about it: if you were trying to create a backdoor into a person's computer, wouldn't you name it after a widely-used, perfectly innocent program that no one would suspect?

      A Chrome extension was my first guess too. Anything using Flash is known to cause drastic slowdown. Thing is, Chrome extensions shouldn't be running when Chrome is closed.

      Delete
    2. I don't use Chrome. I never installed it. That's how I knew it was a virus and it's a clever virus because most people would brush it off. Also I don't think Google Chrome would have such a weird file name.

      Delete