Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Current State/Windows 10

Dear Readers,

I was going to update to Windows 10 today because an update finally got me the Windows 10 app, but I decided to look into the upgrade more before doing it.

I'm glad I didn't upgrade.

I thought I would never say that about Windows 8.

What started to get me worried is that Windows 10 uses the webcam to identify who you are in order to unlock the computer. 

That's a threat to my anonymity as Gensabi. 

Then there's an article I read that pointed out that with Windows 10 Microsoft will be able to collect and share all data collected from your computer per the new user agreement. Even e-mails. IMs. Pictures, typed stuff, everything. Why? So that they can design ads for you, have a personal assistant supposedly help you, and profit from whatever you create.

The new user agreement says they can use anything you create using Windows 10. So you invent something, and do the work with a Windows 10 computer they can steal your stuff and it's in the user agreement, so you are screwed.

So, if this laptop ever goes bad and all you can get is Windows 10, then I will be going to a MAC.

So, no new ones got done today. I did some pic hunting though. Some may get done this weekend.

Sincerely,
Gensabi


1 comment:

  1. You need to find some more reliable sources for your information, the first part is a blatant falsehood, option does not equal requirement (source, I have installed and am running Windows 10). The data stuff is optional, and most of that has to deal with Cortana (ever use the voice thing like Siri on your phone? guess what all that data goes to their servers too) a D the last one is just outright laughable and would never hold up in court; you frame it as if Microsoft is literally trying to seize control of every piece of intellectual property in the US under the guise of Windows 10 and that it's all perfectly legal. I mean come on, that's just not going to happen

    ReplyDelete