Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Update On No Updates!

Dear Readers,

I'm going to be silent for a bit. I'm still trying to consolidate my data and it takes up a lot of time. I get my tablet charged up to 100% and start transferring files. Not all files are able to transfer. Some folders are over 100 GB. I just finished one from 2012 that was over 200 GB and took three tries to get transferred!

See, my tablet isn't able to charge while doing this. The adapter for the USB hub just powers the external hard drives. 

Then I need to sort the files. I haven't done all that yet. This is a big process. It sucks. I'm not downloading any more full sets until this is done. 

Not sure when I'll feel like making new ones either. I thought about it while the tablet is charging back up, but nothing's hitting me right now.

I'm almost done with transferring the second one terabyte hard drive to my four terabytes hard drive.

So that's actually what I've been working on most of the week. Still going on too. 

The upside? I'll have my files better organized, and I think it's time to go back to burning hard copies on data DVD. 

Sincerely,
Gensabi

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, I know how much of a pain data transfer can be. I hope you get everything transferred alright, and good luck to the organization, I hope it makes it easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One external hard drive down. Two more to go and the rest of one. Still charging back up from earlier.

      Delete
  2. Better to get orginized now then put off till later so you can find stuff you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a long process. Plus I had doubles for most files so it's consolidating the space too. Some sets I must have downloaded multiple times too. It's going to be easier to find things I think. Getting videos all in one folder, music in another, TG caps I saved in another, and all uncapped pics in one spot, and all my sorted to cap bitmaps in one spot too.

      Delete