Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Universes. Universes Have Rules. I Have Very Few Rules.

Dear Readers,

You won't find me on Fictionmania. Because I don't do the stories without the pictures.

I just went on there to refresh my memory.

Morpheus created the Great Shift.

Bill Hart made Spells R' Us.

Elrod made both Bikini Beach and the MAU ( Morphic Adaptation Unit ).

Jennifer Adams created Altered Fates ( Medallion Of Zulo ).

Hey, after 15 years at this see how good your memory is of all the early details!

Those are the biggies. The ones that no matter who's out there captioning you're bound to see labels citing those universes.

Except me. I don't touch them. Haven't since the early days. 

And when I did do them? I made fun of them with pop culture references. The Ghostbusters at Bikini Beach. Indiana Jones finds the Medallion Of Zulo. Bud and Kelly Bundy swap bodies but they get swapped back because of the Great Shift. See the pattern?

I only did those because I got tired of the flood of generic capped pics occurring in the early days. There's no challenge if you just stick to writing in the same old worn out universes using tropes that have been done to death.

Yet here I am 15 years later after doing my own thing for so long wondering why none of my original concepts ever made that kinda big time in the TG Fiction world.

I think I figured it out. My disdain for universes probably means people respected my stance and never tried to expand on stuff I created.

Plus I never really wrote out rules saying this is how it works. If you read the capped pics you'd know! 

Truth is, I'd bet half of you readers out there didn't even know who made what that I listed above.

Some of you probably even made capped pics using those universes without knowing who started them.

Jennifer Adams doesn't even have her own website anymore. The rules were posted on a board somewhere else for posterity.

They don't curate their universes. They can't. They're too big now. 

It's in the TG cultural domain. 

So even if my stuff started getting adapted, people started to expand upon it, and all that...I wouldn't get credit anyways.

It'd be like when I learned about the FOSE. I called it something different. Chronologically my 4 part series came first. But someone else had the same idea, a catchy name, and a blog that was open and not a members only Yahoo Group.

So what's my legacy? Non-conformity.

You can swap bodies by being spun into cocoons by giant soul sucking space spiders!

You can be sucked into a big beautiful booty and merged with the lady you just wanted to hit on!

Your pet can become your girlfriend!

Every mom is a MILF! 

Who needs a Twilight Zone when there's a Beauty Zone and a MILF Zone?

Bugs can swap you, viruses can swap you, robots can transform you, and so can boots, mad scientists, Bigfoot mating rituals, and everything under and beyond the sun!

So go ahead and stick with the oldies but goodies. I pushed the envelope. That's what I did.

So I say screw it. We'll just have fun, fun, fun until they take the internet away!

Sincerely,
Gensabi

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about any of your univeres taking off, your original ideas are why some of us come to your captions. plenty of authors don't get the launch they deserve. Just know we appreiate your work, so on some level you have made an impact. I'm sure your captions might insipre us or future us's to create future captions.

    ReplyDelete