Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Thursday, December 18, 2014

New Banner!

Dear Readers,

Unfortunately, the uploading of the rest 2012 will have to wait.

Also, can't upload a zip file on here.

The reason the upload has to wait is because it's now almost 11 PM, and I just got the banner done...I started around 5 PM I think, maybe 4 PM.

Why did it take so long?

Over the many years I've been Gensabi I haven't kept the same computer. Data is mixed between Data CDs, Data DVDs, and a few portable hard drives. And not everything was saved off my last laptop, and I used to bad at saving my bitmaps.

So, first I went looking for the pic of the logo I created a few years back at the behest of my Group Moderator that wanted an easier more visual way to tell my capped pics apart from other cappers. So I made the "G" insignia.

Then I wanted to add in the nicely outfitted Asian lady with the ray gun who was part of my last group pic and banner once Yahoo Groups went funky. I couldn't find any bitmap of her, or her original pic, and so I started using GIMP to take away the background color in the group pic, and then started the touch ups in MS Paint. That got me frustrated and took me to Google to see if I could find her pic again because Data DVDs and the Flash Drive were no good. I didn't find the same pic I had, but I found more of her.

Then I had to find M.O.R.O.K. again, and the Voluptucon creator, and then I needed the bugs from "Bugs For Thugs".

I couldn't find the bugs, not even on Google, and I only found the bitmap where I added them into the pic before the caption. Back to GIMP, and voila.

Then I added the goatee happy face from my original group pic!

Oh, and I finally had to reinstall my old font collection too.

I need to upload Aunts 2004 to 2009, and the rest of 2012. My goal is to get this done by Monday.

As for making the banner? Well, I've put it off for a long time. I always wanted the castle iconography hence the name of the blog and the Yahoo Group! It's just good castles are hard to find, and this design turned out perfect!

Sincerely,
Gensabi






No comments:

Post a Comment