Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Friday, January 3, 2020

2020: New Year, Same Problems

Dear Readers,

Happy New Year!

So, hindsight is...2020! 

Retirement talk. Ok, I'm not as bad as I've been the last few years. I'm improving mentally at least.

I do have some space issues going on. Flash drives keep saying they need repaired when I hook them up, and the USB hub is finicky.

I do have an idea though for this year that I'm probably going to regret and will most likely fail at, but has that ever stopped me before? 

Yes! But I'm going to try anyways! 

So, here's the idea...

20 capped pics per month...in 2020! 

Not 20 posts, so Quick Archives and Notices don't count. Multi-capped pics series only count as one of 20. So a five parter is only one not five towards the 20.

I don't know if I'm up to it. I'm going to try though.

So, in a few days things should slow down a bit. I'm thinking I'll have more free time after January 10th. 

I'm also behind on organizing 2013 for the archives. I've only got one more Quick Archive ready to post.

Sincerely,
Gensabi

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are improving! I hope that trend continues.

    With regards to storage issues, maybe you should consider an external hard drive? can be a little pricey, but you can get a 1 tb one for like $45, and once you've made the investment they're pretty reliable.

    With regards to your goal of 20 caps a month, I can say that I'm personally looking forward to it, so long as it doesn't end up being too much. I'm sure all of your fans would prefer you put out new material at a sustainable pace, even if it's lower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm weary of external hard drives. The last time I bought one I put out $85 for a 4 TB to try and solve my space issues for good. It stopped working in less than a month. I had about 2 TB of data already on it...thankfully I didn't delete what I copied, but I couldn't chance getting it fixed due to the sensitive data.

      Delete
  2. I pretty much want to echo the anons post. I am glad to hear you are getting better mentally I hope it continues. I hope your physical wellbeing improves aS well. An external harddrive is a great investment once you obtain one. Also I hope you do feel well enough for 20 cap goal. I look forward to it. But if it does become to much do not worry, as a long time fan I'm glad to see you well rather than over do yourself trying to fulfill a commitment. A slower pace if needed is much more preferable to you being over worked and burning out.

    I hope your 2020 is great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I just explained above what happened to the 4 TB one. I have 4 external hard drives already. Each one full and one TB each.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear you are improving. That's good, but dont rush yourself, or feel obligated to do this. But if you can that would be great. But dont rush, as for your storage, have you tried a portable hard drive? Look after yourself my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yeah those don't help much if they're full, stop working after investing over $80, and I don't have stable finances as it is. Blowing $80 was a bad enough waste.

      Delete
  4. Oh well keep on improving my friend,

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kind friend you are one of the last remaining great captioners there is. So in that note pls take care of your health huge fan here been reading you caption for more than 3 years now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you've enjoyed the Quick Archives that hopefully got you up to speed on most of my back catalog of capped pics.

      There's great cappers out there. New ones come along every few years.

      I'm a leftover. I've probably gone stale.

      I'm not really a great either. I mean, when all is said and done I might have lasted the longest, but I doubt I've had much of an impact on the community or anything.

      I just exist. I'm just still here. Last time I tried being part of the larger community it was a fight.

      I think I don't fit in with the others. Thinking on it, they were going pretty censorship happy several years back.

      I like creative freedom. I like not restricting access to my works based on participation. Reading my capped pics shouldn't be a participation trophy.

      Delete