Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Monday, October 19, 2015

Technical Difficulties Hiatus

Dear Readers,

Over the past couple days my laptop has experienced the Memory_Management error and just went blue screen to restart willy nilly no matter what I was in the middle of doing.

Today I Googled the error. I found directions that led me to doing a memory diagnostic. It's the hardware, and that means my memory needs replaced.

It seems fine for awhile, but I'm going to back everything up today and pretty much stay off the laptop.

I'll see about cost of fixing as opposed to buying a new laptop. If the cost is prohibitive then it may take months if not through next year.

I only have one more capped pic done that I'll be uploading after this notice.

I can still check the blog on my tablets but I have no way to caption on them like on my laptop. Most mobile apps are for meme making and you can't add caption space, or even control where the text goes like resizing a text box.

Hypothetically a Windows Tablet might work as a replacement.

I know not when more new ones will be coming.

Sincerely,
Gensabi

3 comments:

  1. Not much of a poster but I know computers. Ram is pretty cheap. You can probably replace it for less than 50 bucks. I've got some extra ram lying around but only desktop ram unfortunately. You shouldn't have too worry too much about backing up. It doesn't sound like your hard drive is acting up. Though still a good idea to have anything important backed up for redundancy. All hard drives fail eventually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been backing a lot up. Really need to do data DVDS again but I have external hard drives. Thing is it's restarting after awhile of running and the pic hunting I do can take awhile. Thanks for the heads up on cost. I'll need someone to do it though. I have no clue how to fix it. I did look into Windows tablets and they're way too cost prohibitive.

      Delete
    2. Update! Getting it fixed may only cost around $60. So I'll see what can be done this pay. Hopefully this will be over soon!

      Delete