Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Gensabi's Castle Of TG Capped Pics

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Difference Between A Group And A Blog

Dear Readers,

I have finally learned that blogging and having a Yahoo Group are two very different animals indeed.

You see, on a group uploading lots at once was nice and it's almost expected. Some captioners upload batches of 10 to 12 new capped pics at a time on a regular basis.

Now, I've made some large updates on this Blog, and I noticed a pattern. Newest posts get views in the hundreds, and the further back, like the first one I uploaded out of the batch, is lucky to have any views at all.

So, if I upload 100 capped pics and number 100 gets 300 views but number one gets less than 10, I can only come to the conclusion that blog readers may be a bit lazier than what I'm used to.

No offense, but this last time? I posted two new capped pics. I posted both on 4/30/14 and today is 5/3/14. Right now the top one (under this post now) "Swell Smell Spell" has 330 views. The capped pic underneath it, uploaded on the same date mind you, only has 112 views right now. That's over a 50% drop.

What does this tell me? It tells me to only add two capped pics a week.

Please comment if you want me to upload more than that. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Gensabi

6 comments:

  1. I personally love that you upload so many caps in one go! It makes you different from a lot of other captioners, as there is so frequently new caps to read! I think if you look back at the older ones the number of views will eventually increase, as people get round to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kcaj! Out of 190 views thus far, you're the only person to comment! I'll give this a shot I guess. I have well over 1,000 old capped pics to upload here that were on my groups. It's also that uploading 40 or more makes Google think I'm a robot and start screen captchas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your work and appreciate that you make the extra effort to post so many (I agree with Kcaj). And I may be in the minority, but I always like to go back and look at older posts, especially those that are tagged---I use the labels to search for favorite categories and then go back chronologically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks KC Wynn! I'm glad I figured out how to do that with the tags. I like it on other blogs, and I think it works better than what I used to do on my Yahoo Groups, where they were sorted by basic type (Moms, Sisters, Neighbors, Pop Culture, etc.) and by year. Just when I upload so many I might not get them all tagged too intricately, plus on a couple I think the tag would ruin the surprise of the story too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee, well keep surprising us, we won't mind! Actually, you bring up an interesting point---I'd never thought about the tag as sort of "spoiling" the story, but then again I usually pick out my favorite caps first and only later when searching for it try to think of the label that it might fall under. Maybe when a fair bulk of the works are uploaded and the fans are showing clear favorites, then you can run a little survey about fave tag requests (I think I remember tehswitcher doing this kind of informal tagging survey a few months ago). Anyway, take care hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I realized while reading one and tagging it "Wait...if I label it this way, they'll know the twist at the end! Ugh...hmm...". I think I'm done uploading for the night. Almost have one entire old category up "Friend's Mom" but I'm stopping at 2006, so Google doesn't think I'm a robot by uploading the last 45. Plus I need to find my 2010 - 2011 capped pics.

    ReplyDelete